Let’s face it, no matter how much we try to take care of ourselves from the inside, there are times when you just wake up looking a little rough around the edges. You know what I’m talking about, right?
And then there are times when you feel like waking up looking a little rough around the edges starts to become a little less occasional and a little more routine. Yikes.
Unfortunately, issues with your eye area can make the difference between looking fabulous and looking like you haven’t slept in the last 5 years. The good news is this: there’s help you can get in the area that can make a huge difference.
Caffeine-containing eye serums aren’t a new thing. Dermatologists have been using them with pretty fantastic results for quite a few years now. The thing is, a lot of these creams are not only really expensive but have ingredient lists that are downright unsavory.
DIY-ing to the rescue! Because what you can make at home can be incredibly effective and gets around all those pesky problems. Done and done.
- 1 tablespoon organic ground coffee
- 1 tablespoon rosehip oil
- 1 tablespoon argan oil
- 1/2 tablespoon seabuckthorn oil
- 1/2 tablespoon jojoba oil
Note: all of these oils have really amazing skin properties…but don’t get overwhelmed with trying to get all of them if you don’t have them on hand. You can just use one or two of them if you’d like or you can replace some of these with other oils you have on hand.
- Combine all the ingredients in a small glass jar. Mix to combine.
- Place on a sunny windowsill and leave for 5-7 days.
- Strain out the ground coffee using a metal strainer or cheese cloth.
- Decant into a small glass bottle and top with lid.
- Use in the mornings as an eye serum.