Everyone likes to smell good. I used to love to buy scented body lotions, body sprays, and perfumes…it was a sort of collection for me! But after I jumped on the natural bandwagon, I felt like I had to let a lot of that stuff go. Luckily, I’ve been able to recreate some of my favorite scents using essential oils! Score!
You can use any combination of scents that you like. I just shared my vanilla and lavender blend because it’s my favorite. Some of my other favorite ones include grapefruit/ylang ylang and lavender/bergamot. My husband loves the combination of vanilla and sandalwood. But if you’re struggling to come up with your own unique scent, here’s a great guide to blending essential oils.
- 1/3 cup distilled water
- 1/4 cup witch hazel
- 40 drops vanilla essential oil and 10 drops lavender essential oil (replace with any other essential oils you want for scent)
- 7-8 drops grapefruit seed extract (this is for preservation…if you don’t use it, I’d suggest keeping this body spray in the fridge)
1. Combine the water and witch hazel into a small mixing bowl.
2. Add in your essential oils of choice and grapefruit seed extract (if using) and mix super well until combined.
3. Before the oils and water have a chance to separate, transfer your body spray to a spray bottle.
4. Shake well before using.
I would suggest using this spray within a couple weeks. If you don’t use enough of it to finish the recipe in that time, I would either suggest keeping it in the fridge or halving the recipe.