With 4th of July coming up, I’m sure lots of people are going to be taking the opportunity to spend time with their loved ones and enjoy some time in the hot summer sun. Grilling out good food is a big a part of those festivities…but no one wants to spend an inordinate amount of time in the kitchen getting ready for it! These beef or bison burgers (the choice is up to you) come together in a flash (I’m talking about 5 minutes to get the patties ready!) and end up being juicy, savory, and absolutely delicious.
- 1 lb ground grass-fed beef or bison
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 0.5 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 large onion, diced
- 2 oz grassfed cheddar, grated using the largest grind on your box grater
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
3. Add in your onion and garlic and mix until well incorporated.
4. Add in your grated cheddar cheese and mix again. It’s important to not over-mix (it affects the texture of the burgers if you go nuts on mixing it) so stop handling it once all of your ingredients are combined evenly.
5. Form into patties.
5. Grill or fry in pan for about 8 minutes per side, or until done to your liking.