It’s no surprise that I love shampoo alternatives and generally, the more natural, the better. However, I usually prefer shampoos that have some sort of foaming action (I’m looking at you, baking soda washes). This recipe is amazing because it not only fits the criteria above but I’ve learned that aloe works wonders for hair breakage and shedding…so it kind of takes care of several hair needs at once!
- 1 egg
- 3 inches of fresh aloe leaf, goo removed (you can substitute 2 large tablespoons of aloe gel but be aware that the foaming action won’t be as good)
1. Place your egg and aloe vera goo (or gel, if using) into a blender.
2. Blend on high for about a minute or two, or until the mixture becomes a thick foam.
3. Transfer your egg and aloe shampoo into an applicator bottle (I use a plastic condiments bottle that costs $1 at the store).
4. Use like you would regular shampoo. I like to follow up it up with an apple cider vinegar rinse.
I don’t recommend making large batches of this shampoo…I’d stick with just making one or two batches at a time. I keep leftovers in the fridge and stick it all back in a blender to re-whip up when I’m ready to use again.