I’ve already posted my basic beach hair spray but I had promised I would post my new and improved recipe when it was done being battle tested. This new recipe incorporates the old beach hair spray and the new flaxseed hair gel I just posted on. I truly think this recipe is much more moisturizing for the hair and gives a softer, beachy look to your waves. I absolutely love the effect it’s had on my hair…just like I’m on a beach vacation!
- 1 cup boiled or distilled water
- 2 tablespoons epsom salts
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (I used Redmond Real Salt)
- 1/2 tablespoon flaxseed gel
- 1/2 tablespoon aleo vera gel (from a fresh leaf or store bought)
- 5-8 drops essential oil of choice (optional but gives a great scent)
1. Heat your cup of water.
2. Pour the cup of water in a jar or bowl and add both types of salt.
3. Shake or stir to dissolve the salts entirely.
4. When room temperature, add the flaxseed gel and the aloe vera gel.
5. Shake or stir the mixture until entirely combined.
6. Strain the mixture through a cheesecloth to get rid of the aloe vera bits and salt bits.
7. Add the essential oils, if using, and stir.
8. Decant into spray bottle and shake before use.
This beach hair spray can be used on wet or dry hair. I use it on wet hair to get beachy waves or I spray it on dry hair when I want mega-volume!